Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's okay

I'm feeling a bit excited right now. This "morning", I woke up at 1PM. Groggy. "Sore-throated" and all. I was also alone in the condo for once. After taking a quick shower, I looked at myself in the mirror and just started singing a song to myself. (I always make up random tunes to sing if there's no song that comes to mind at the moment. Yes, I am quite the bathroom singer.)

So I started spurting out random words about self-realization and basically being your own person. I sang it quietly and slowly, until I began picking up a coherent tune that I configured into a chorus. And once I finally made out that sturdy tune (and picked out a phrase to keep repeating), my voice elevated to the top floor. Maybe it was because no one was around. Or maybe it was because I felt so powerful having the whole room to myself. But my voice definitely bounced off the walls and into my heart. I felt SO strong--I sang louder and louder and as loudly as I could (I was also trying to make the words uplifting... an inspirational song is what I'm aiming for).

The lyrics are VERY rough since I only thought of them on the spot (I should be a rapper). But I'll post up the lines I liked. (It's not a very creative piece yet, either. I will rewrite the lyrics when I think of something better.)


...

'cause I know it's okay
To laugh at a stupid joke

No comments: