Monday, June 11, 2007

June 10, 2007

Mesmerized by your smile,
Ensnared by the innocent contracts of love,
my mind cannot speak English
and I quiver in the corner of my shallow heart,
where shadows are my solace;
away from Lust of you.--

I walk on a tight rope,
between love and practicality,
as my feelings are lost in the balance;
as my life is on the line.

I wait.

Steady defiance?
Heart-shaped melodies?

My heart is at a standstill--
a duel between The Masters:
Bold Billy and Taciturn Man.

They draw their guns:
Bang!, Bang!, Bang!
goes my Horseshoe heart.

And then my feet give from the recoil.

and then I float,
and drift away from balance;
and drift away from control;
and drift away from utter and complete sanity...

...Back into the confines of my bed;
safe in the stillness of the evening.


I'm torn between like and dislike; love and hate. A boy confessed his feelings for me through a love letter, and I'm pretty much speechless, dumbfounded, and confused. Oh, boy.

No comments: